Without some editing, the default values are pretty much useless. In fact, I usually forget to change the default values unless I get into file manipulation. I then find myself scanning through the help for CMultiDocTemplate::CMultiDocTemplate() and CDocTemplate::GetDocString().
Enter this handy little utility. Simply follow these steps:
- Open up the VC resource editor to the resource string for the offending document type.
- Copy the resource string.
- Paste it into the your new Document Template String Editor's multi-line edit field.
- Click the Parse button.
- Edit the offending fields.
- Click the build button
- Copy the multi-line edit's contents.
- Paste the result back into VC's resource editor.
Created with MSVC 6, tested on Windows95 OSR2.
There isn't really anything special to note about the source code!
Download project (source and binary) - 17 KB