This Week's Topics
- Comments from the Editor
- Recently Published Books
- New & Updated Articles on CodeGuru
- Adding Standard Deviation to LINQ
- VIDEO: Create Custom Task Lists in SharePoint Designer
- BLOG: Z2K - The Importance of Quality Assurance and Testing
- Hottest Discussions
- New Articles on Developer.com
- Connecting to IBM FileNet 4.0 Outside of a Java Application Server
- Wrapping Up the SimpleTurtle Class: Multimedia Programming with Java
- The Mono 2.0 Offerings for Debian GNU/Linux (From DevX.com)
Comments from the EditorIt is hard to believe that it is already 2009. I remember when the book 2001: A Space Odyssey seemed like a distant future. The follow-up book focusing on 2010 seemed even farther away. In another year, both dates will be in the history books. Unfortunately, it looks like our space technology won't be even close to what either story suggested.
Here on Earth, however, there is one key thing to note. In 2008, Codeguru had a lot of great articles published by many of our members just like you. Some of our top articles of the year include (in no specific order):
- A Basic VB.NET ADO.NET Tutorial: Adding, Deleting, and Updating by Mendhak
- ADO.NET Entity Framework Tutorial and Basics by Mendhak
- A Basic ADO.NET Tutorial in Visual Basic.NET by Mendhak
- Developing a Multi-Select ComboBox and TreeView ComboBox for Windows Applications by Rahil Jan Muhammad
- Export DataGridView to Microsoft Excel by Paul Avery
- Custom Paging for GridView by Harsh Gupta
- Multi-Threaded TCP/IP Service Without .NET Socket Class by Artur Sharipov
- MFC Feature Pack: An Introduction by Marius Bancila
- Edit Control with Icon and Background Text by Marius Bancila
- Extending the ComboBox with C# by Hannes du Preez
Kudos to these authors for their submissions. These were among the highest read articles that were contributed in 2008. It will be interesting to see what topics and authors reach the top in 2009. Maybe you can even make the list by submitting an article!
Until next week...
Recently Published BooksFor those of you keeping up by reading books. The following are just a few of the new books that have been recently released. If you've read any of these, feel free to write a review to be posted on CodeGuru. See the submission guidelines.
Rich Ajax Platform: Bringing Rich Client to the
By Fabian Lange for Apress
288 pages for $19.99
By Rudy Limeback for SitePoint
350 pages for $35.95
New & Updated Articles on CodeGuruFollowing are short descriptions of new articles on CodeGuru. If you are interested in submitting your own article for inclusion on the site, then you will find guidelines here.
Standard Deviation to LINQ
By Chris Bennett
Learn how to implement a simple Standard Deviation function for LINQ (Language Integrated Query).
VIDEO: Create Custom Task Lists in SharePoint
By Garry Robinson
Create a Custom Task List in Microsoft SharePoint Designer
Z2K - The Importance of Quality Assurance and
By Brad Jones
Is the Microsoft Zune Crash indicative of poor testing?
Discussion GroupsCheck out the CodeGuru discussion forums
Forums include Visual C++, General C++, Visual Basic, Java, General Technology, C#, ASP.NET, XML, Help Wanted, and much, much, more!
... HOT THREADS ...
New Articles on Developer.comConnecting to IBM FileNet 4.0 Outside of a Java Application Server
By Anthony Lee
Learn about IBM FileNet 4.0 and how to use its Java API to connect to an enterprise Content and Business Process Management product.
Up the SimpleTurtle Class: Multimedia Programming with
By Richard G. Baldwin
Learn more about the methods and the properties of a Turtle object from Ericson's Java multimedia library.
Mono 2.0 Offerings for Debian GNU/Linux (From
By Roberto Giorgetti
Find out how much of the Mono 2.0 (and beyond) platform is available for Debian users who want up-to-date .NET compatibility.